The principle activity of the company is that of the bespoke environmental (recreational, ecological, agricultural and amenity) enhancement of sites by innovative recycling and/or recovery of soil, rubble, tyre and green wastes. Rural Arisings is a management contractor and design/regulatory specialist consultant within these fields.
We provide a one stop shop taking projects from initial identification of the problem through surveys and investigation, feasibility study, detailed design, planning and other regulatory permissions into construction and subsequent aftercare as required. The whole process is coordinated by our strong in-house team of engineers and ecologists with a track record of working in partnership with local government organisations, industrial and agricultural clients, developers, landowners and contractors developed over the last 4 decades.
Since its inception, the firm has expanded as a result of client recommendation.
In the rapidly changing world of waste management we pride ourselves on finding innovative ways to address complex problems through the recovery and reuse of waste materials. In many circumstances we are able to generate funding to cover part or all of the design and construction of the required works.
The types of project where we have experience include:
- Restoration of closed landfills and other industrial, brownfield and quarry sites,
- The management and mitigation of contamination and leachate,
- The management of agricultural waste waters such as that from cattle slurry and milk processing,
- Surface and grey water management and the creation of ponds and wetlands,
- The creation of new and/or improved pubic green open space,
- The creation of new habitat,
- Recreational facilities,
- Green waste and composting facilities,
- Mixed waste and aggregate recovery facilities,
- Resolving problems on sites where we have been called in after inappropriate works undertaken without any permission have occurred, primarily in support of individual clients.